[UPDATED: 19/10/2021 15:00pm]
Despite returning to our office, we appreciate that the Coronavirus is still very much a threat to public health. In accordance with government guidelines, we’ve implemented several measures around our office to safeguard our staff and their families.
These include separating each desk with plexiglass shields, maintaining social distancing where possible, and installing multiple sanitiser stations across our premises.
Whilst our staff are now fully vaccinated, they are encouraged to continue testing themselves on a regular basis. Any symptoms related to that of COVID-19 are treated with caution, and unwell staff members are required to work from home regardless of whether they test positive for COVID-19 or not.
On the supply side of things, the pandemic continues to impact our import and distribution operations. At the time of writing, schedule reliability is sitting at around 50% lower than this time in 2019, and this has been further exacerbated by issues in the UK, including congestion at UK ports and the HGV driver shortage.
To combat this, we’ve improved our stock management techniques and forecasting, including regular contact with our customers to gauge demand for key product lines. We’ve also increased our selection of freight forwarders, which will provide greater flexibility with regard to importing from East Asia.
For now, we’d like to thank everyone for their patience and continued custom during this time, and wish our staff, their families and our customers a safe and pleasant end to the year.
Our staff continue to work from home, and we are in close communication with our suppliers to ensure minimal disruption to our customers. You can still contact us in the usual way, via phone or email.
We are determined to continue safely providing the levels of service our clients have come to expect of us in the face of this adversity.
We continue to monitor the situation closely and our best wishes go out to our clients and supply chain.
- All travel has been cancelled and all customer visits will take place via Skype and conference calls
- Employees are being educated daily on any changes in precautionary measures
- Regular disinfecting of workspace and other surface areas are being carried out daily
- Social distancing is being encouraged at all times
- Regular monitoring of staff including those working from home or in self-isolation is being conducted
- Emotional support and regular face to face communication are taking place with all employees daily in these uncertain times